Frequently asked questions
Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ). If you cannot find your question, please do not hesitate to contact us via the Sena help desk.
- How do I register as a rightholder?
- Via this website. Click here if you … Read more wish to register as a performer or producer. Once you have sent the forms online, you need to print them out and sign them. Send the signed forms to Sena, along with a copy of your passport or ID card. Your details will be processed at no additional charge.
- I’ve forgotten my password. Can you send me a new one?
- You can request a new password yourself … Read more using MySena. Click ‘Forgot your password?’ on the login page. On the next screen, enter your Sena number and the email address that you used to register with us. Your password will then be sent to you straight away. Please be mindful of any spam filters – instead of arriving in your inbox, sometimes our email may end up in your spam folder.
- Can I get an overview of the repertoire that I have registered?
- Enter your Sena number and personal … Read more password on the MySena page on this website to access an overview of your repertoire at any time.
- Do I need to register singles separately, even if they are on the album?
- If the single is exactly the same, i.e. … Read more with the same performers who played on the album, you do not need to register the single separately – a list of the titles on the album is enough. The same applies to compilations. If an existing title appears on a compilation CD (and no other rightholders have been added to or removed from the original of this title), you do not need to register the title again.
- I have registered my repertoire online using MySena. How do I know that the registration with Sena was successful?
- After you have finished registering … Read more repertoire, the repertoire you entered will appear under the second tab 'waiting for proof'. These are the titles for which you still need to provide proof, which Sena needs in order to process them. Send proof by clicking 'New' on the entry page. Once the repertoire has been approved and processed, it will become visible under Repertoire and Results for each title.
- How does Sena pass on the fees to the artists and producers?
- In order to distribute the … Read more remunerations, Sena processes playlists from radio and television stations, and matches them with the repertoire information provided by the record companies and artists, as stored in the SENA database. This way, Sena knows who the rightholders are for each title. Next, the proper remuneration is calculated and distributed for each registered rightholder. If an artist or producer is still unknown to Sena, the remuneration is reserved for three years.
- I am a musician. How much do I get paid per title?
- The fee you receive will depend on a … Read more number of factors, one of which is the number of minutes that the relevant title was broadcast on radio and/or television. The number of performers on the title also plays a role, and of course the instruments played by each session musician. Because these factors can differ for each title, so will the amount that you ultimately receive for each one.
- Can I receive an itemised account?
- Yes. In MySena under 'Accounts' you can … Read more request an itemised statement showing the number of minutes and the calculated fee for each title, year by year. The itemisation will be sent to you by email.
- My music is sometimes also played in other countries. Do I get paid for this as well?
- Yes, provided that Sena has concluded a … Read more bilateral agreement with the sister organisation in the country where your music is played.
- Can heirs also be eligible for payment?
- If an artist/musician dies, his/her … Read more legal heirs will be eligible to receive the fees. In order to ensure that certain administrative matters are properly organised, Sena has special forms for this purpose.
If you cannot find your question, please do not hesitate to contact us via the Sena help desk.Go to help desk