Frequently asked questions
Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ). If you cannot find your question, please do not hesitate to contact us via the Sena help desk.
- My music is sometimes also played in other countries. Do I get paid for this as well?
- Of course, Sena works closely with many international organisations. Because not only legislation but also the working method(s) can differ between countries and organisations, collaboration is based on agreements drawn up by SCAPR. If Sena has concluded a bilateral agreement with a foreign organisation (and your music is played in that country), you may indeed qualify for international payments. Sena will collect these payments on behalf of the rightholders, and then pass them on.
- Does it cost anything to register with Sena?
- Registration with Sena is free. … Read more
- How do I register with Sena?
- The simplest method is via Sena‘s … Read more website. Click ‘Creators of Music’, and under Distribution you will find ‘Registration Performer’ and ‘Registration Producer’. Here you can enter all of your details, and also print the forms you have filled in straight away. Your information will be processed by Sena at no charge.
- When are payments issued that were collected abroad?
- Payments are issued four times per … Read more year: in March, June, September and December. Most international payments are issued in December and March.
- What if I am already registered with another neighbouring rights organisation (NRO)?
- If your registration with another NRO … Read more includes the Netherlands, you need to send a cancellation letter to the organisation before registering with Sena. As long as you are not registered for the same territory at multiple NROs, you can register with Sena without a problem.
- As an American artist, can I qualify for payments through Sena?
- Yes you can, as long as the commercial … Read more phonogram that you performed on was financed by a producer from a ‘Treaty of Rome’ country.
If you cannot find your question, please do not hesitate to contact us via the Sena help desk.Go to help desk